How to reduce everyday wireless radiation exposure?
‘Resolution of the problem of global electromagnetic pollution of the environment will require a concerted international effort. However, as individuals we have some control over the electromagnetic devices that we use every day.’ Dr. Robert Becker
No matter where you live or what you do, it is likely that you’re in close contact with EMR-emitting technology for most of the day. If you have cordless phone at home, sleep on electric blanket, or use mobile phone as alarm, you are exposed as you sleep. If you use computer, a cell phone in your job, you are exposed at your work.
These technologies have brought us huge benefits, allow us to complete our tasks and work effectively and automatically. It also changes the nature of living and working environments. We know it affects our bodies and minds, especially pregnant woman and children because their cells are rapidly growing and dividing, and their brains are still developing.
International authorities and health experts are recommend the ‘precautionary approach’ of avoiding unnecessary exposure where possible.
So practically how do we reduce our everyday radiation exposure and enjoy the huge benefit and its convenience? Thankfully there are some very simple adjustments we can make to significantly reduce our exposure without dramatic changes to our lifestyle.
- Use earphones to increase distance of the phone from your body and use phone speaker when possible.
- Use corded landline phones to make phone calls or texting as alternatives to cell phone conversations.
- Set cell phone to airplane mode when possible to stop cellular and wireless signals, especially when used by children
- Limit use while cell phone is searching for signal or sending/receiving a call or data. For example when you are inside the lift or basement the signal is weak, and your phone is trying hard to searching for signal, there are higher levels of radiation at these times.
- Put your phone in a bag instead of your pocket.
- Do not put your cell phone under your pillow or close to your body when sleeping.
- Buy cell phones with lower SAR (specific absorption rate) levels
- Limit children to use mobile phone calls to emergencies
- Use Radia Smart shielding products while you are using your phone
- Limit using your laptops or tablet computers directly on your body. If you have to rest them against your body, it is better to use a pillow, cooling pad, or another barrier.
- Use an attached mouse and keyboard while on your laptop
- Shielding it by using Radia Smart products while you and especially your children are using a laptop, computer, or tablet that is connected to WIFI.
- Be aware of the cell phone towers, radio transmitters, and power lines around where you live, work and play
- Keep away from spending prolonged periods around places with high concentration of cell phone towers and power lines
- Use LAN cables instead of wi-fi networks when possible
- Turn off home wifi network when not in use, especially at night when everyone sleeps.
- Shield using Radia Smart products to limit the ambient radiation exposure
- use landline phone instead of cordless phone specially when you need to make a long phone call.
In short, we summarize it the following simple ways to reduce radiation exposure.
1. DISTANCE: Keep your cell phones, laptops, and tablets at some distance from direct contact with your body.
2. AIRPLANE MODE: Turn on airplane mode which turns off the cellular and wireless signals. Especially when your children need to use the mobile or tablet, turn on Airplane mode for them. Any time you don’t need your device to be on (especially if you are carrying it next to your body), turn it to airplane mode (this will also save battery life).
3. LIMIT TIME: Limit your time using a mobile phone and other devices that emit radiation. Use a landline for long phone calls.
4. SHIELDING: Shielding is one of the safest, most effective, and convenient ways to reduce everyday radiation exposure. Especially at the highest risk time of pregnancy, early childhood, and even when trying to conceive.